Does Flamingo Care accept ALE Waiver (Assisted Living for the Elderly Program)?
Yes we do. The Assisted Living for the Elderly (ALE) Waiver is a home and community-based program for recipients who reside in quialified assisted living facilities. The waiver covers three services:
- Case management
- Assisted living and if needed
- Incontinence supplies
- 65 and over; 60 to 64 are determined disabled according to SS Standards
- Assistance with ADL’s (level of care determined through CARES assessment)
- Diagnosis of degenerative or chronic mental illness which requires nursing services that could not be provided in standard ALF
INCOME/ASSET LIMIT AND PAYMENT:
- Medicaid eligibility at Institutional Care Placement (ICP) Level:
- Individual – $2022/mo. income $2000 assets
- Couple – $4044/mo. income $3000 assets
- ALE Waiver does not reimburse facilities for room and board. DCF establishes the amount allowed for room and board for consumers who are served by Florida’s OSS Program.
- Medicaid reimburses for assisted living services on a daily rate for each day the individual is receiving services In the facility, plus incontinence supplies if applicable. Currently, the maximum daily rate of assisted living services is $32.20, and the monthly maximum for incontinence supplies is $125.00 (amount are subject to change)
NOTE: MUST OBTAIN A MEDICAID PROVIDER NUMBER TO BILL STATE DIRECTLY FOR SERVICE